Thursday, September 9, 2010

Botanic Art



It's 1 in the morning and I'm still sat in front of my drawing table working on this dried twig...or branch.  I have kept this branch for more than a year now, I took it from a tree when I was walking home from work.  I'm here in Dubai and there's not much of nature to see around so I thought why not collect this small stuff. I'm still searching for the dried cones I collected from the park!

Anyway, I have decided to push my skills in improving my illustration when it comes to plants, flowers and trees.  I think  it would give more credibility to my faerie works if I could come up with illustrations of plants that are properly drawn.  Botanic Art is something I want to study.  There are online courses available and a bit expensive but if I could learn more, then why not?  But for now, while I'm saving for it might as well practice with some of the things I could find at home like an onion, lemon, leaf and vegetables perhaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment